ServiceNow Configuration Manager
The Configuration Manager has the responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day overall execution of the processes to support a ServiceNow based Configuration Management System (CMS). This role serves as the functional subject matter expert in Configuration Management process, ServiceNow Discovery, Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and Service Mapping. The Configuration Manager oversees operating the defined and agreed process, ensuring it interfaces with all other relevant processes, reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the process, performing process audits and managing the process improvement cycle.
The Configuration Manager reports to the ServiceNow Platform Manager.
* Lead, plan and implement process design and improvement. Drive continuous improvement of the processes and overall process maturity.
* Maintain discovery application and the integrity of the CMDB and discovery processes. Maintain the governance, policies, and direction of the CMDB
* Define and monitor program's purpose, objectives, scope, as well as the principles and Critical Success Factors. Ensure Key Performance Indicators are collected, analyzed, and acted upon.
* Establish ServiceNow configuration database as the source of truth for CI information and ensure users and CPI processes have access to accurate, timely and actionable data.
* Create and maintain KPI and metrics to improve configuration management effectiveness and report to team and leadership
* Leads implementation of new integrations, automated rules and auto-discovery of technology infrastructure.
* Apply standard methodologies for organizing and discovering complex infrastructure environments to place them with business services into the CMDB, making valuable contributions to ITSM processes, Service Owners and customers.
* Understand concepts of asset reconciliation; ensure asset to CI relationships, asset categorization, asset types and data rules.
* Ownership of compliance and audits.
* Responsible for the discovery systems which automate the detection and identification of IP-enabled Configuration Items to help populate the CMDB and allow for additional services such as Software Asset Management.
* Mentors the organization on configuration management services, concepts, policies and procedures.
* Mentors and helps direct configuration management specialists through leading community of practice
* Determines best practices and responsibilities, coupled with the greatest possible user and customer satisfaction, to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
* 4-year degree from accredited university or the equivalent
* Eight years of experience in an Information Technology focused role required
* Four years' experience with the ServiceNow CMDB and Discovery and how it supports other ITSM processes (e.g.: Incident, Problem, Change, and Asset Mgt.)
* Strong breadth of knowledge across technology disciplines
* Have a general understanding of all aspects of infrastructure devices (i.e., server, network device, network protocols, application technologies, operating systems basics)
* Have an understanding of hardware and software asset management practices and how those processes integrate and synchronize with the CMDB
* Ability to convert complex information into simple, explainable solutions
* Understanding of current and future business needs met by infrastructure platforms
* Results-driven with a bias towards practical applications
* Ability to provide expert advice to teams and support them to deliver large projects
* ServiceNow System Administrator & Discovery Implementation Specialist Certifications are required
* ITIL Foundation certification is a plus