Test Manager & Lead
I'm currently working with a client who have had a transformation programme to deliver organisational change through the implementation and adoption of revised methodology, processes and tools for Financial Audit. This role combines the responsibilities of a Test Manager and that of Test Lead assigned to specific projects, you must have proven test management experience with both waterfall & agile methodologies whilst working within mixed teams to achieve common goals.
Test Manager (50% of role)
The Test Manager takes ownership for establishing policy for the test team and setting the testing strategy. At this level, you: will own continuous improvement, research new technology and new techniques to implement change, will make important decisions, will build the QAT community and provide organisational leadership, may advocate test capabilities both internally and outside of government and make sure that teams have the right capabilities.
* Functional testing - The design and execution of a wide range of testing techniques and the communication of test results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Make decisions on the environment for testing and coach others. Identification of defects, alerting the business to them, help with prioritisation of them based on defect severity.
* Non-functional testing - Knowledge of non-functional testing techniques. Experience in execution of non-functional test scenarios and identify defects. Run non-functional tests others have written and know the processes to do so. Understand a range of standard nonfunctional testing techniques.
* Technical breadth - Have a good working knowledge of different tools and techniques and can train others. Advise others on testing techniques and frameworks. Experience in how to research, plan and train others within the team. Stay abreast of industry developments to make cost-effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies, particularly automation.
* Test analysis - Think creatively, ask the right questions and critically evaluate and communicate findings to a larger team. Experienced in leading investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing processes. Drive the collection of information and creation of recommendations for improvements. Absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to determine solutions.
Test Lead (50% of role)
* Functional testing - Analyse changes to the development of products and services and plan design. Know how to run and manage appropriate tests to ensure that requirements have been fully met. Understand and can identify the most effective techniques, data sets and tools to use. Communicate defects or trends clearly to software developers, outlining how defects are identified and the possible causes. Design, or provide assurance for, appropriate risk-based end-to-end system integration test models.
* Non-functional testing. Know how to analyse changes to or the development of products and services. Plan design in a non-functional environment. Run and manage appropriate non-functional tests to ensure that requirements have been fully met. Understand and can identify the most effective techniques, data sets and non-functional testing tools. Communicate defects or trends clearly to software developers, outlining how defects are identified and possible causes. Design or provide assurance for appropriate risk-based endto-end system integration test models.
* Technical breadth. Know how to use a range of contemporary technologies including cloud platforms, open source and 'aaS' services to better enable and enhance the delivery of QAT services. Stay abreast of industry developments to make cost-effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies, particularly automation. Use a breadth of knowledge from across the wider technology and digital professions, strengthening the effective delivery of services. Relevant professional awareness, which may include architecture, continuous integration and deployment, coding or scripting languages.
* Test analysis. Experience at visualising, articulating and solve complex problems and concepts. Make disciplined decisions based on available information. Apply logical thinking and gather and analyse information using a range of tools and techniques. Know how to use data to formulate both short-term and long-term strategic plans, identify and analyse options, and assess feasibility and operational impact. Ensure that the business solution aligns with the vision, mission, objectives, strategy and the business and user needs. Identify and recognise a viable solution or control.