Job Title: ServiceNow Senior Software Developer
Required Clearance: Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer's information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
* Serve as administrator and developer for the ServiceNow ITSM tool
* Collaborate with members of project teams to ensure successful, technically sound projects which are completed on time and on budget
* Design, develop, configure and customize applications to meet business requirements, including implementation of client scripts, business rules and workflows
* Track, prioritize, and implement enhancement requests and defect corrections, while leveraging formal Change Management processes.
* Collaborate with internal colleagues to design and implement data feeds/interfaces with other systems, including databases, monitoring tools, LDAP, etc.
* Coordinate and perform application upgrades in partnership with vendors and internal colleagues
* Support the development and analysis of customer requirements, and assist with the development of user stories to document these requirements
* Perform application testing
* Create and maintain system design and operations documentation
* Develop, maintain, and execute reports to ensure system operation meets performance targets
* Develop and maintain procedural documents relating to the management of the platform
* Provide advanced application support to internal team members
* Provide mentoring, training and knowledge transfer to other employees as necessary, particularly regarding ServiceNow capabilities and development techniques
* Provide "on call" support on a periodic basis as required
* Lead team activities as needed, including those which are part of the Agile process such as scrum meetings.
* Assist in IT process implementation and improvement
Education and Experience: Typically requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 14 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master's degree with 12 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
* 3 or more years of development and administration experience using the ServiceNow platform, including experience with recent releases (Kingston, London, Madrid)
* Experience with IT Service Delivery to a Federal Government Agency
* Knowledge of ServiceNow database hierarchies and design
* Experience with development, customization and administration of multiple components of ServiceNow, including Incident Management, Self Service Portal, Knowledge Management, Service Catalog, Change Management, Problem Management and CMDB
* Ability to create and configure forms and screen updates in ServiceNow
* Excellent communications skills
* Excellent teamwork skills
* Experience with use of Agile methodologies for software development
* Agile certifications and/or experience leading Agile efforts, particularly as Scrum Master
* ServiceNow System Administrator Certification
* Experience with ServiceNow advanced capabilities such as Virtual Agent, Agent Intelligence, Performance Analytics, Orchestration, ITOM, Discovery or Service Mapping
* Experience supporting customers in a dynamic IT operations environment
* Cloud development experience
* Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ