Administrator's role is to deliver support to end users in the organization about how to leverage various ServiceNow modules efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units.
Strategy & Planning
* Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
* Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
* Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
* Demonstrates proficiency in requirements gathering and analysis, solution design, development task management, quality assurance and release management
* Demonstrates working knowledge of ServiceNow core architecture and especially modules such as Service Catalog, Incident/Change/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, Project Portfolio Management, and Self-Service Portal
* Integrates ServiceNow with third-party tools
* Effectively analyze and solve problems
* Ability to work directly with internal (IT) and external clients
* Collaborate effectively to develop solutions and handle general updates and configuration changes/requests
* Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
* Ensure the latest release of ServiceNow application is implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption
* Ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place to have a development/test/production environment that is reliable and reproducible
* Work closely with IT Support desk to ensure appropriate project documentation is available in the Transition book for each new initiative or enhancement release
* Create and update knowledge base articles and CMDB to reflect accurate information related to system functionality and troubleshooting
* In depth knowledge of ServiceNow to configure and recommend configuration changes to improve system stability and performance
* Assist with IT projects as needed
* Adhere to organizational ITIL and ITSM standards
Formal Education & Certification
* College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or equivalent work experience.
* ServiceNow Certified Administrator (or ability to achieve within three months)
* ITIL v3 Foundations (or ability to achieve within three months)
Knowledge & Experience
* 3+ years working with the ServiceNow platform in an Admin/Developer and enterprise-wide, multi-tier ServiceNow production environment
* Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
* Hands-on experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems
* Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
* Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
* Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.